When it comes to quick supper ideas burgers are always an easy choice. But just because you are serving hamburgers doesn’t mean that you need to have a basic boring meal. There are many ways to make your burgers a gourmet treat!
Here is a burger I made last week, combining some of my favorite healthy veggies, sprouts and avocados to make my burger even more delicious.
The burger is accented with mayonnaise, lettuce, avocado, Colby-Jack cheese and sprouts, all served on a whole grain bun.Â It is a fun combination of flavors with added crunchy texture from the sprouts, and best of all it is ready in less than 15 minutes.
- 1 lb ground beef
- Colby Jack cheese slices
- salt & pepper to taste
- leaf lettuce
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Alfalfa Sprouts
- Whole Wheat buns
- Preheat the grill.
- Shape the ground beef into 4 patties, or use pre-made patties. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put on the grill and cook for 4 minutes on medium heat.
- While the burgers are grilling spread mayonnaise on the buns. Top with lettuce and sliced avocado.
- Turn the burgers and cook another 4 minutes.
- Put the cheese slices on the burgers and cook another 2 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Put the burgers on the buns and top with alfalfa sprouts.
Are you cooking out this holiday weekend? What are your favorite burger toppings?
Need more quick 15 minute recipe ideas? Check out these other great #15MinuteSuppers!
- Green Chile Stuffed Burgers from Around My Family Table
- Spicy Hot Wing Burger from Cute as a Fox
- Greek-style Gourmet Burgers from Better in Bulk
- Pimento Cheese Burger from Jen’s Journey
- Spicy Green Chile Cowboy Burger from Liz on Call
- Sprouts & Avocado Burger from Upstate Ramblings
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken Burgers from Famished Fish, Finicky Shark
- Goat Cheese Stuffed Black Bean Burgers from East Valley Mom Guide
- Southwestern Bacon Cheeseburgers with Guacamole from Mom Endeavors