I saw a cute Candy Corn Wreath from Women’s Day on Pinterest, and decided I had to make one of my own.
I had almost an entire bag of candy corn left after making the Candy Corn Fruit and Yogurt ParfaitÂ earlier this week, so this seemed like the perfect way to use it up. I suppose eating it would have worked too, but that seemed like a bad idea! Â Candy corn can be pretty addictive to eat, so turning it into a decoration is a great way to eliminate the temptation.
- Styrofoam wreath
- Black paint
- Hot Glue
- Candy Corn
- Clear spray paint
- Black Duck Tape
I used a simple styrofoam wreath as a base. Â I painted it black to make the candy corn stand out better, and waited for it to dry.
Then I glued the candy corn to the styrofoam in rows, which alternated the direction of the candy corn. Â I used brown and orange candy corn for the middle row to add a little more color interest to the wreath.
I started by using tacky glue to hold the candy down, but quickly realized that wouldn’t work. The water in the glue made the candy corn soften, and made a mess. Â So I started over using hot glue, which worked much better.
Once the candy was glued down I sprayed the wreath with clear spray paint to protect the candy corn. I used black duct tape to make a “ribbon” to hang the wreath.Â It came out looking cute, but it is a little fragile. Â I decided to hang it on the wall instead of the door, because I think opening and closing the door is liable to knock some candy corn off!
For more Pinterest Remakes, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Fall centerpiece in less than 5 minutes by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Garden fresh, creamy tomato basil soup by Oh So Savvy Mom
- Spaghetti squash pizza boats by Homemaking Hacks
- Apple pecan stuffing recipe by A Mom’s Take
- Pumpkin scones by Jennifer Sikora
- Pumpkin seed granola by Better in Bulk
- Pumpkin cream cheese muffins by Mom Does it All
- French onion soup by OurFamilyWorld
- Mummy Halloween pumpkin centerpiece by Simply Southern Mom
- Coffee rub burgers by Roasted Beanz
- Rustic twig star wreath by Sweet Lil You
- Buffalo chicken deviled eggs by Home and Garden Cafe
- Pumpkin marshmallow M&M blondies by Sincerely Mindy
- Honey lavender cupcakes by How Was Your Day?
- Mini chocolate apple pops by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- Spaghetti and meatball muffins by Mom Always Finds Out
What seasonal decorations are you planning?