This post contains affiliate links.
While I was browsing through Target last week I came across Mason Jar Lid Inserts for turning Mason Jars into Tealights. Â Naturally, I had to buy a pack, and take them home toÂ make sparkly St. Patrick’s Day Mason Jar Tealights.
The inserts fit in place of the lid on regular mouth canning jars, and hold a standard tea light candle. Â They makeÂ it very easy to turn old canning jars into candle holders!
I used small 4 ozÂ Mason Jars, since they are nicely scaled for the size of the tealights. To decorate the jars I first used green glitter paint to coat the inside of the mason jars. Â Painting the inside of the jars couldn’t be easier! Â I just poured paint in, swirled it around to coat the glass, and turned it upside down toÂ let the paint drip out and dry.
The mason jars look pretty with the green glitter, but I decided for St. Patrick’s Day they needed to be even more green, so I coated the jars again with bright green paint.
This was a very easy way to create a unique holiday decoration, and the lights look very pretty on my mantle!
For more amazing St. Patrick’s Day ideas, check out some blog posts from a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Bailey’s Irish Cream Non Alcoholic Irish Coffee Creamer from Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Irish Potatoes Candy Recipe from My So Called Balance Life
- Simple No Bake Chocolate Crossies in Green from Two Girls One Boy and a Crazy Mom
- DIY St. Patrick’s Day Mason Jar Planters from Home and Garden Cafe
- St. Patrick’s Day cupcakes with a healthier twist from Our Family World
- Simple Shamrock Picture (DIY Shamrock Crafts) from Simply Southern Mom
- Kiss Me I’m Irish DIY Burlap Bag from A Mom’s Take
- Mint Sugar Scrub from Better in Bulk
- Green Tea Shamrock Cookies from About a Mom
- White Hot Chocolate Recipe from This Mama Loves
- DIY Hulk Green Slim from Momma D Jane
- A simple Irish dinner from Day by Day in Our World
- Infinite Luck Bracelet from Style on Main
- Reuben Sandwich from How Was Your Day?