This post is part of the SPLENDA® 365 SWEET SWAPS ™ blogger program by McNeil Nutritionals, LLC. and The Motherhood, who sent me products and compensated me for my time. Opinions, experiences and photos shared here are my own, and I hope you enjoy them.
These Mini Chocolate Cheesecake are pretty and delicious, and best of all they were made with Splenda, not sugar.
Swapping sugar for Splenda makes a lot of sense, because the average American consumes way too much sugar, which is one of the reasons the average American has way too large a waistline! The 22 teaspoons of sugar eaten by the average American is more than triple the recommended amount for women, and more than double the recommended amount for men. Small, easy changes like swapping sugar for Splenda can really add up over time. And this holiday season is the perfect time to start making these changes, after all why wait for New Year’s to start reducing calories?
I received a whole package of products from Splenda, which included:
- SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Packets
- SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Flavors for Coffee, French Vanilla
- SPLENDA® Sugar Blend
- SPLENDA® Brown Sugar BlendFor
Cheesecake is one of my favorite desserts, but I rarely make it because it is so calorie laden. So I decided it was perfect for a Splenda Sweet Swap. I also decided to make my cheesecake in mini muffin tins, because portion control is an important part of reducing calories. One little bite sized cheesecake is enough to satisfy my cravings without sabotaging my diet!
It is easy to adapt recipes using the charts on the www.splenda.com website, and there are also directions right on the package. I used the Splenda No Calorie Granulated Sweetner for a 1-1 sugar and Splenda swap. Like most cheesecakes, my mini cheesecakes cracked as they cooled. So I made a sugar free Splenda chocolate sauce to put on top and hide the cracks, and added a raspberry on top.
The Chocolate Sauce was very easy to make, and I ended up with an entire jar full of sugar free Chocolate Sauce, which I am going to be using again and again this holiday season!
- 10 chocolate cookies
- 8 oz low fat cream cheese
- ½ c. granulated Splenda
- ¼ c. baking cocoa
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- ¾ c. baking cocoa
- 1¼ c. water
- 1 t. vanilla
- ½ c. Granulated Splenda
- 12 raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 325.
- Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Crush the chocolate cookies in a food processor and put 1 T of crumbs into each muffin tin.
- In a mixer, mix the cream cheese, Splenda and cocoa until well combined and soft.
- Add the egg and egg while and mix well.
- Fill the muffin tins to the top with batter.
- Bake 15 minutes until the center is set.
- Cool to room temperature, then use a sharp knife to pry the cheesecakes out of the tins.
- To make the Chocolate Sauce mix the cocoa and water in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Take the sauce off the burner and let it cool for 10 minutes. Then add the vanilla and Splenda and mix well.
- Top the cheesecakes with chocolate sauce and add a raspberry on top.
You can find all kinds of recipes for using Splenda at www.recipes.splenda.com, and Splenda wants to see what #SweetSwaps you come up with too! Share your own recipe ideas on the Splenda 365 Sweet Swaps Tumblr site here: www.365SweetSwaps.com/