This post was compensated by McNeil Nutritionals, LLC. and The Motherhood. Opinions, experiences and photos shared here are my own. Some links are affiliate links.
It is the time of year when everyone is trying to lose weight and eat more healthy foods! But it is so hard to resist tasty desserts, which is why I made these Mini Chocolate Cheesecake. These bite sized dessertsÂ are pretty and delicious – and at the same time they are low calorie, because they were made with Splenda, not with sugar.
Too Much Sugar
The 22 teaspoons of sugar eaten daily by the average American is more than triple the recommended amount for women, and more than double the recommended amount for men. Â Small, easy changes like using sugar substitutes can really add up over time, while still allowing you to enjoy delicious desserts like theseÂ Mini Chocolate Cheesecake!
Cheesecake is one of my favorite desserts, but I rarely make it because it is so calorie laden. Â Since I love it so much I eat way too much when I make it. So I modified my favorite cheesecake recipe to use Splenda and make the recipe much lower in calories .Â I also decided to make my cheesecake in mini muffin tins, because portion control is an important part of reducing calories.
Like most cheesecakes, my mini cheesecakes cracked as they cooled.Â So to make them look prettier I also made a sugar free chocolate sauce to drizzle over the top and hide the cracks, and added a raspberry on top.
The Chocolate Sauce was very easy to make, and I ended up with an entire jar full of delicious sugar free Chocolate Sauce.
- 10 chocolate cookies
- 8 oz low fat cream cheese
- ½ c. granulated Splenda
- ¼ c. baking cocoa
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- ¾ c. baking cocoa
- 1¼ c. water
- 1 t. vanilla
- ½ c. Granulated Splenda
- 12 raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 325.
- Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Crush the chocolate cookies in a food processor and put 1 T of crumbs into each muffin tin.
- In a mixer, mix the cream cheese, Splenda and cocoa until well combined and soft.
- Add the egg and egg while and mix well.
- Fill the muffin tins to the top with batter.
- Bake 15 minutes until the center is set.
- Cool to room temperature, then use a sharp knife to pry the cheesecakes out of the tins.
- To make the Chocolate Sauce mix the cocoa and water in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Take the sauce off the burner and let it cool for 10 minutes. Then add the vanilla and Splenda and mix well.
- Top the cheesecakes with chocolate sauce and add a raspberry on top.
These tiny cheesecakes are perfect for Valentine’s Day too!