My husband and I both had birthdays last month, and my daughters made these cute Thumbprint Birthday Cards based on a design they found on Pinterest.
The inspiration for the design was a picture from Cherion Brandon: My Crafty Life, which is a cut out design using stampers. Â My daughters changed it up and use their own thumbprints to decorate the cards, which is a fantastic way to personalize the cards!
They chose to have the cutout design be the age we were turning, but this same techniqueÂ would work for any simple design like a heart or flower.
- Cardstock in two colors
- Silhouette Cameo
- Stamp pads in various colors
- Use the Silhouette to cut out the pattern on a piece of colored cardstockÂ about 5 x 12 inches. Â Fold the cardstockÂ in half so the design is on the front.
- Take a light colored piece of cardstockÂ and cut it to be just a little bit smaller than the front of the card.
- Use colored stamp pads and your fingers to cover the smaller piece of cardstockÂ in a variety of bright colors.
- Glue the colorful design to the inside of the card so that the thumbprintsÂ show through the cut out design on the front of the card.
- Use the markers to write your message inside.
On the inside the girls then wrote a list of memorable events on that took place in during the year of our birth. The resulting cards were gorgeous, and a big hit with the entire family!
For more Pinterest Remakes, visit a few of my favorite blogs:
- Overnight Oats Recipe with Yogurt by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- DIY Serving Tray by Homemaking Hacks
- Pumpkin Mini Baked Donuts Recipe with Apple Sauce by Our Family World
- DIY Whipped Body Butter by My So Called Balanced Life
- DIY Skin Detox Body Scrub by Oh So Savvy Mom
- Crockpot Barbacoa Tacos by Better in Bulk
- Apple Nachos with Peanut Butter and Chocolate by Mom Always Finds Out
- Pinterest Inspired Bud Vase – A Simple DIY Craft by Three Different Directions
- DIY Spring Clothespin Wreath by Simply Southern Mom
- Oatmeal Energy Balls Recipe by Sweep Tight
- DIY Nail Art: Easy Geometric Style by LW Vogue