Air fryer turkey meatloaf is a new twist on classic comfort food! Crispy bacon on the outside adds a delicious crunch and keeps the meatloaf juicy and the flavor locked in.
This flavorful meatloaf recipe is perfect for a weeknight dinner and will surely be a hit with the entire family. Using ground turkey instead of ground beef is a leaner and healthier option.
And the best part? It still tastes just as delicious. Plus, I love cooking meatloaf in air fryer. The air fryer gives you juicy meatloaf with a nice crispy exterior. And it cooks in much less time than a conventional oven. So, fire up your air fryer and make some air fryer turkey meatloaf.
Check out my recipes for air fryer turkey meatballs and air fryer turkey burgers for more delicious ways to use ground turkey.
🦃Turkey Meatloaf Ingredients
For exact amounts needed see the recipe card below
- ground turkey
- parmesan cheese
- garlic powder
🥣How to Make Air Fryer Turkey Meatloaf
- Mix – Combine the ground turkey, egg, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper in a medium bowl. Mix with your hands until combined but don’t over-mix.
- Form – Form the meatloaf mixture into a loaf shape. Wrap the strips of bacon around the loaf.
- Air Fry – Put the loaf on a sheet of aluminum foil and then into the the air fryer. Cook at 380 degrees F for 50-60 minutes. After 30 minutes, cover the top with foil, so the bacon doesn’t burn.
- Check – Use an instant-read thermometer to verify the meatloaf has reached 160 degrees F internally.
Let the meatloaf rest for 5-10 minutes before serving. Slice into 1/2-inch thick slices and serve it with your family’s favorite side dishes.
Mashed potatoes are the classic meatloaf side dish. Some other great ideas are sweet potato wedges, ramen salad, or a quick veggie like asparagus or green beans.
My kids like to have a sauce with meatloaf, even meatloaf covered in bacon. So I put a bottle of ketchup or BBQ sauce on the table, and they can add as much as they like.
💭How to Store
Store leftover turkey meatloaf in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 days. You can reheat it by putting meatloaf slices back in the air fryer at 360 F for 5 minutes.
This baked meatloaf can also be frozen. Let it cool completely, then wrap it tightly and freeze it for up to 3 months.
To serve, let it thaw in the fridge overnight and reheat it in the air fryer. Heat at 370 F for 30-45 minutes until it reaches 160 degrees F internally.
⭐Tips and Variations
Be sure to check out the step by step instructions
- Don’t overmix the meat. Mix it just enough to combine the ingredients.
- Cover the meatloaf with foil after 30 minutes, so the bacon doesn’t get too brown.
- Always use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the meatloaf. Don’t guess based on time because food poisoning is not fun.
- If you have a smaller air fryer, you can divide the meatloaf mixture in half and form two mini meatloaves. Wrap each in bacon and cook at 370 degrees F for 30 minutes. Or cook one and save one for another day.
Yes, this meatloaf tastes great with beef. Choose a lean ground beef such as 90/10.
Always use a meat thermometer to verify the meatloaf has reached 165 degrees F internally. Air fryers vary and can cook at different rates, do not just go based on the cooking time.
Yes, you can make this bacon-wrapped turkey meatloaf in the oven. Bake it at 375 degrees F for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Did You Make This? Leave a Star Rating!
Air Fryer Turkey Meatloaf Recipe
- 1 ½ pounds ground turkey meat
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 8 slices bacon
- In a large mixing bowl, combine turkey, egg, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix it just enough to combine the ingredients, don’t overmix.1 ½ pounds ground turkey meat, 1 egg, ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Form the meat mixture into a loaf.
- Wrap the slices of bacon around your meatloaf.8 slices bacon
- Coat a piece of foil with cooking spray. Put the meatloaf on the foil and place it in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry at 380ºF for 50-60 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165ºF. After 30 minutes of cooking time, cover the meatloaf with foil, so the bacon doesn't get too crispy.
- Cover the meatloaf in aluminum foil after 30 minutes, so the bacon doesn’t get too brown.
- Always use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the meatloaf. Don’t guess based on time.
- If you have a smaller air fryer, you can divide the meat mixture in half and form two smaller loaves. Wrap each in bacon and cook at 370 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- You can bake this in the oven. Bake it at 375 degrees F for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition facts are estimates.