Air fryer turkey meatloaf is a new twist on classic comfort food! Crispy bacon on the outside adds a delicious crunch and keeps the meatloaf juicy and the flavor locked in.
This flavorful meatloaf recipe is perfect for a weeknight dinner and will surely be a hit with the entire family. Using ground turkey instead of ground beef is a leaner and healthier option.
And the best part? It still tastes just as delicious. Plus, I love cooking meatloaf in air fryer. The air fryer gives you juicy meatloaf with a nice crispy exterior. And it cooks in much less time than a conventional oven. So, fire up your air fryer and make some air fryer turkey meatloaf.
🦃Turkey Meatloaf Ingredients
For exact amounts needed see the recipe card below
- ground turkey
- parmesan cheese
- garlic powder
🥣How to Make Air Fryer Turkey Meatloaf
- Mix – Combine the ground turkey, egg, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper in a medium bowl. Mix with your hands until combined but don’t over-mix.
- Form – Form the meatloaf mixture into a loaf shape. Wrap the strips of bacon around the loaf.
- Air Fry – Put the loaf on a sheet of aluminum foil and then into the the air fryer. Cook at 380 degrees F for 50-60 minutes. After 30 minutes, cover the top with foil, so the bacon doesn’t burn.
- Check – Use an instant-read thermometer to verify the meatloaf has reached 160 degrees F internally.
Let the meatloaf rest for 5-10 minutes before serving. Slice into 1/2-inch thick slices and serve it with your family’s favorite side dishes.
My kids like to have a sauce with meatloaf, even meatloaf covered in bacon. So I put a bottle of ketchup or BBQ sauce on the table, and they can add as much as they like.
💭How to Store
Store leftover turkey meatloaf in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 days. You can reheat it by putting meatloaf slices back in the air fryer at 360 F for 5 minutes.
This baked meatloaf can also be frozen. Let it cool completely, then wrap it tightly and freeze it for up to 3 months.
To serve, let it thaw in the fridge overnight and reheat it in the air fryer. Heat at 370 F for 30-45 minutes until it reaches 160 degrees F internally.
⭐Tips and Variations
Be sure to check out the step by step instructions
- Don’t overmix the meat. Mix it just enough to combine the ingredients.
- Cover the meatloaf with foil after 30 minutes, so the bacon doesn’t get too brown.
- Always use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the meatloaf. Don’t guess based on time because food poisoning is not fun.
- If you have a smaller air fryer, you can divide the meatloaf mixture in half and form two mini meatloaves. Wrap each in bacon and cook at 370 degrees F for 30 minutes. Or cook one and save one for another day.
Yes, this meatloaf tastes great with beef. Choose a lean ground beef such as 90/10.
Always use a meat thermometer to verify the meatloaf has reached 165 degrees F internally. Air fryers vary and can cook at different rates, do not just go based on the cooking time.
Yes, you can make this bacon-wrapped turkey meatloaf in the oven. Bake it at 375 degrees F for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Did You Make This? Leave a Star Rating!
Air Fryer Turkey Meatloaf Recipe
- 1 ½ pounds ground turkey meat
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 8 slices bacon
- In a large mixing bowl, combine turkey, egg, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix it just enough to combine the ingredients, don’t overmix.1 ½ pounds ground turkey meat, 1 egg, ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Form the meat mixture into a loaf.
- Wrap the slices of bacon around your meatloaf.8 slices bacon
- Coat a piece of foil with cooking spray. Put the meatloaf on the foil and place it in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry at 380ºF for 50-60 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165ºF. After 30 minutes of cooking time, cover the meatloaf with foil, so the bacon doesn't get too crispy.
- Cover the meatloaf in aluminum foil after 30 minutes, so the bacon doesn’t get too brown.
- Always use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the meatloaf. Don’t guess based on time.
- If you have a smaller air fryer, you can divide the meat mixture in half and form two smaller loaves. Wrap each in bacon and cook at 370 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- You can bake this in the oven. Bake it at 375 degrees F for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition facts are estimates.