This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
It seems like food prices just keep going up, so I am always looking for coupon deals that will let me save money on groceries. Using coupons can help me stretch my food money while still giving my family tasty food to eat. Kraft frequently has printable coupons available on products my family eats every week, and this week I used those coupons to add a twist to a family favorite meal and make Chicken Bacon Quesadilla with Peanut Sauce.
Like many moms I have go to quick meals that I know my family will enjoy, like Chicken Quesadillas. But those old standby meals can get boring. So when I saw that Kraft had an online coupon for bacon this week I decided to change things up, and add bacon to quesadillas along with using Planters Peanuts to make a quick peanut sauce for dipping.
I printed out coupons for the bacon, peanuts and Kraft Natural cheese, and headed to Walmart to get them along with some chicken and tortillas. These digital coupons only have a certain number of prints available, so when they show up you need to take advantage of them! I was especially pleased to see a coupon for Oscar Meyer’s Butcher Cut Bacon, because my whole family loves the thick cut bacon.
This meal is a good one to prepare ahead of time. So when I got home I cooked up the bacon and grilled the chicken thighs, so that I could finish the meal quickly after a long day. The peanut sauce can also be made ahead of time and refrigerated. I like to do as much preparation ahead of time as I can, because meal time can be hectic thanks to my kids’ busy schedules. Once the initial prep is done it only takes a few minutes to make the quesadillas, which have layers of cheese, bacon and chicken topped with a little coriander.
My family was a little dubious, especially about the peanut sauce. The meal is kind of a combination between Mexican and Thai! But they all loved the extra taste the sauce added to the meal, even my husband who can be picky.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup Planters Dry Roasted Peanuts
- 2 1/2 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 teaspoon sugar
- 4 chicken thighs
- 8 slices Oscar Mayer Butcher Cut Bacon
- 2 cup Kraft Natural Cheddar Cheese
- 4 Tablespoon cilantro
- 8 flour tortillas
- Cook the bacon and chicken thighs.
- To make the peanut sauce combine all the ingredients in a blender and mix well. If it is too thick add a tablespoon or so of extra water. Refrigerate sauce until ready to use.
- When you are ready to make the quesadillas heat a frying pan over medium high heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Chop the chicken and bacon into smaller pieces.
- Lay 4 tortillas out and top each with a chicken thigh, two pieces of bacon and 1/2 c. of cheese.
- Sprinkle cilantro on each and top with a second tortilla.
- Fry each quesadilla for 6 minutes, flipping once half way through.
- Serve with peanut sauce.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 960Saturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 199mgSodium: 1523mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 48g