Spring will be here soon, and these easy to make Bud Vases are fantastic for displaying spring flowers!
I made this easy DIY craft out of salt shakers, which are just the right size for holding a few flowers each.
I love bringing flowers inside in the spring, it is such a great way to enjoy the season. But I don’t want to cut all the flowers in the yard, I just want to bring a few stems inside to decorated the kitchen table. So I wanted to make some small bud vases, and a simple salt shaker or a spice jar is the perfect size.
I bought the salt shakers for just $1.25 for 2, so this is a pretty inexpensive project! Then I used gray or blue chalk paint to paint the outside of the shakers.
I used two coats of the paint, letting it dry thoroughly in between. After the second coat was dry I sanded it lightly with 180 grit sandpaper to smooth it out and distress it a little bit. Then I dry brushed a little of the second color of paint just to add some accent to the bottles.
I tied a little bit of twine around the tops of the jars and they were ready for my flowers.
Since you’re in the Spring mood, check out these other great Spring + Easter projects
- Easter Charm Bracelet – Style on Main
- DIY Chic Easter Feather Wreath – Busy Creating Memories
- Coloring Eggs with Sand for Easter – Diana Rambles
- Gilded Eggs for Easter – How Was Your Day?
- Easter Chick Pudding Cups – Cutefetti
- Lemon Mint Foot Soak – Food Fun Family
- Caterpillar and Dragonfly clothespins – Views from the ‘Ville
- Sock Bunny Craft – Momma Lew
- Coffee Filter Butterfly Accessories – Mommy Snippets