This post contains affiliate links.
I love pie for holiday meals, and so does my family! This year I wanted to try something different from the apple, pumpkin and pecan pies that I usually make, so here is a recipe for Holiday Eggnog Custard Pie!
Custard pies are easy to make, and don’t involve a lot of preparation or chopping up fruit. I used a pre-made pie crust, although you could certainly use your favorite made from scratch pie crust recipe.
The custard is light, almost fluffy but also sweet. For true eggnog flavor I added a little bit of spiced rum, and topped it off with sprinkled cinnamon, nutmeg and of course it needs whipped cream before serving!
Holiday Eggnog Custard Pie
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Unroll pie crust dough and press the dough into a 9 inch pie plate. Poke holes in the bottom with a fork so it cooks without puffing up.
- Bake for 20 minutes and then remove from oven.
- Using a mixer, cream sugar and eggs on a medium speed until well combined.
- Add evaporated milk, eggnog, water, rum and salt. Mix on a low speed until combined.
- Poor mixture into the pie crust and lightly sprinkle the ground nutmeg and cinnamon over the top.
- Baked for 1 hour, until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm or chilled with whipped cream.
This pie is perfect for Thanksgiving dinner or Christmas and is a great way to enjoy Eggnog flavor this holiday season! What holiday desserts are you baking for Christmas dinner this year?