This is a quick pasta recipe with a little bit different taste. The tomatoes are roasted instead of sauted, which gives the dish a deeper flavor. I also like this recipe because it is easy to keep the sausage separate until the last minute, so I can keep it vegetarian for my daughter.
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 hot Italian sausage links
- cooked pasta
- 3 cup spinach
- Heat oven 450.
- Chop the tomatoes and garlic, and toss with the olive oil and salt and pepper. Put them on a cookie sheet and roast for 20 minutes
- After 20 minutes add the sausage to the oven, continue to roast both the tomato mixture and sausage for 25 minutes more.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta, and reserve 1/2 cup of cooking liquid.
- Slice the sausage and combine the sausage, tomato mixture, reserved liquid and spinach.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 293Saturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 436mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 10g