Chocolate covered pretzels are one of my favorite treats, because the combination of sweet and salty is perfect. So for the holidays it made sense to me to make some chocolate pretzels and cover them with peppermints instead of sprinkles!
These are simple to make, and lots of fun for kids to do too. My kids’ favorite part is taking peppermint candies and hammering them to break them apart. Just make sure you double bag the candies before hammering, or there will be peppermint dust everywhere.
I have tried all kinds of ways to melt the chocolate wafers for these pretzels before, but this time I microwaved them in a glass pie plate. This worked well, because the pretzel rods were able to lay flat and it was easy to roll them in the chocolate and get them completely covered.
We used green and red peppermints for a nice variety of color in our finished Peppermint Pretzel Sticks!
Peppermint Pretzel Sticks
- 12 pretzel rods
- 1 bag white chocolate melting wafers
- green and red peppermint candy
- Unwrap about 20 candies of one color and put them in a zip top bag. Put that bag inside another one, and then hammer the candies until they are broken up.
- Pour the candies out onto a sheet of waxed paper.
- Repeat with the other color of candy.
- Cover a cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- Melt the chocolate wafers in a pie plate for 30 seconds. Stir and keep microwaving them 30 seconds at a time until they are completely melted.
- Dip a pretzel in the melted chocolate, turning to completely cover it. Then roll it in one of the colors of peppermint candy.
- Put the dipped pretzel on the cookie sheet to harden and repeat with the rest of the pretzel rods.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 20Sodium: 12mg
What easy treats are you making this Christmas season?
12 thoughts on “Peppermint Pretzels”
These look so fun and festive. I love the idea of the sweet peppermint and salty pretzel.
I love love love sweet and salty. I don’t know why I haven’t ever thought of doing this myself. It really does make perfect sense!
I’m drooling! These look so good! Found you on the Your Turn to Shine link up.
These look so pretty and festive! I love activities like this that the kids can participate in also! I\’d love if you would share this at the blog party, Celebrate It! We are all about celebrating the little everyday things of our wonderful life, along with the big things! thefreshmancook.blogspot.com/2014/12/celebrate-it-blog-party-20.html
These are so pretty!
I love chocolate covered pretzels–and these look so yummy and festive! Good idea with the large pie plate. I’ve used a large mason jar before, but you have to melt a LOT of chocolate to get it deep enough to fit those sticks. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!
Thank you for posting to Motivation Monday!
These would make great gifts or something special to tie on to a gift.
Definitely double bag, lol!
You are creative. 7/12
thanks for this valuable info. Mahabhulekh
thanks for this valuable information net worth