Making dinner in 15 minutes or less is quite a challenge, but there are days when that is all the time I have. Spring seems to be especially busy, as all the my kids’ activities ramp back up with the return of good weather. This meal is a quick chicken dinner that goes together fast.
It is tough to make a 15 minute dinner without taking some shortcuts, and in this recipe I use black bean soup to make the sauce thick, rich and tasty without having to simmer it all day. The flavor from the soup compliments the mushrooms and onions and makes it taste delicious.
Then I paired it with microwavable rice and some sous vide carrots for a balanced meal that was ready fast. Let me know your tips for getting dinner on the table quickly!
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb. chicken tenders
- 1 onion, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- 8 oz. mushrooms
- 1 can black bean soup
- 2 Tablespoon white wine, optional
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Heat oil over medium high heat in skillet.
- Add the tenders and the onion to the skillet. Sprinkle salt and pepper on them as they cook.
- Turn the tenders after 3-4 minutes and cook 3 minutes on the other side. Remove to a plate.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes.
- While they are cooking put the soup in a blender or food processor and puree it until smooth.
- Pour the soup optional wine and Worcester sauce over the mushrooms, stir and return the chicken tenders to the pan. Cover, reduce the heat and let simmer for 3 minutes.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 261Saturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 544mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 27g