Looking for a cute and easy way to bring Spring inside? This Thumbprint Flower Pot is an easy spring craft that will brighten up your house!
Last week my daughter bought me a mini-daffodil plant, because she knows they are my favorite flower. Flowers are a great way to brighten up the winter doldrums and remind ourselves that spring is just around the corner! So I asked my daughter to make me some flower pots to hold the daffodils, along with some herbs that I have had sitting on the window sill in the kitchen. She found this pin on Pinterest which made thumbprint polka dots all over a terracotta flower pot, and changed it up by making thumbprint butterflies on the flower pots.
The craft is very simple to make, and the supplies are inexpensive. It is a great craft for kids to make because it is so simple, and it would make a lovely gift for Mother’s Day or a spring birthday.
Thumbprint Flower Pot
- Terracotta flower pot
- acrylic paint in multiple colors
- paint brush
- paper plate
- permanent marker
First I painted a colored stripe around the top edge of the flower pot. I used blue and yellow paint for bright and cheerful spring colors.
Next my daughter put some paint on a paper plate, and used her thumb to make a butterfly shape on the flower pot. The pots we used were small, so there was only room for one butterfly.
After the paint was dry I used a permanent marker to make a body and antenna for the butterfly. Then I took the daffodils and herbs out of their original pots and planted them in the new ones.
Now I have cheerful butterfly flowerpots on my kitchen window sill, and I love the way they brighten up the whole room!
For more Pinterest remakes, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Creamy Citrus Power Burst Smoothie by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Fruity Pebbles Treats Recipe by Mom Always Finds Out
- Faux Gilded Easter Eggs by How Was Your Day?
- Flourless Banana Oatmeal Muffins by Food Fun Family
- Strawberry Meringue Dream Clouds by A Day in Motherhood
- Crock Pot Ham Recipe by Just 2 Sisters
- Baseball Subway Art Printable by Kids Fun Reviewed
- Tuna Noodle Casserole the Whole Family Will Actually Love by Views from the Ville
- Coconut Oil Fudge by Jen Around the World
- Cheesy Irish Soda Bread by Mom Does it All
- Strawberry Mojito Cupcake Recipe by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- Dr. Seuss Hand print Craft: Thing 1 and Thing 2 by Beyond Mommying
- Taco Pizza by Sincerely Mindy
- Mini Irish Flag Fruit Skewers for St. Patrick’s Day by Baby Loving Mama
- Beeswax and Coconut Oil Tart Melts by Savvy Saving Couple
- Packing the Perfect Plane Bag by The Guavalicious Life
- Easy Homemade Hand Scrub Recipe by The Socialite’s Closet
- Nail Polish Marbled Coasters by Style on Main
- Easy Breakfast Burrito Recipe with Potatoes by Roasted Beanz
- BLT Pinwheels by Sugar, Spice and Family Life
- How to make Easter Blondie Bites by Mommy Snippets