Looking for a cute and easy way to bring Spring inside? This Thumbprint Flower Pot is an easy spring craft that will brighten up your house!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Last week my daughter bought me a mini-daffodil plant, because she knows they are my favorite flower. Flowers are a great way to brighten up the winter doldrums and remind ourselves that spring is just around the corner! So I asked my daughter to make me some flower pots to hold the daffodils, along with some herbs that I have had sitting on the window sill in the kitchen. She found this pin on Pinterest which made thumbprint polka dots all over a terracotta flower pot, and changed it up by making thumbprint butterflies on the flower pots.
See how to make the flower pots:
The craft is very simple to make, and the supplies are inexpensive. It is a great craft for kids to make because it is so simple, and it would make a lovely gift for Mother’s Day or a spring birthday.
Thumbprint Flower Pot
- Terracotta flower pot
- acrylic paint in multiple colors
- paint brush
- paper plate
- permanent marker
First I painted a colored stripe around the top edge of the flower pot. I used blue and yellow paint for bright and cheerful spring colors.
Next my daughter put some paint on a paper plate, and used her thumb to make a butterfly shape on the flower pot. The pots we used were small, so there was only room for one butterfly.
After the paint was dry I used a permanent marker to make a body and antenna for the butterfly. Then I took the daffodils and herbs out of their original pots and planted them in the new ones.
Now I have cheerful butterfly flowerpots on my kitchen window sill, and I love the way they brighten up the whole room!
For more Pinterest remakes, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Creamy Citrus Power Burst Smoothie by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Fruity Pebbles Treats Recipe by Mom Always Finds Out
- Faux Gilded Easter Eggs by How Was Your Day?
- Flourless Banana Oatmeal Muffins by Food Fun Family
- Strawberry Meringue Dream Clouds by A Day in Motherhood
- Crock Pot Ham Recipe by Just 2 Sisters
- Baseball Subway Art Printable by Kids Fun Reviewed
- Tuna Noodle Casserole the Whole Family Will Actually Love by Views from the Ville
- Coconut Oil Fudge by Jen Around the World
- Cheesy Irish Soda Bread by Mom Does it All
- Strawberry Mojito Cupcake Recipe by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- Dr. Seuss Hand print Craft: Thing 1 and Thing 2 by Beyond Mommying
- Taco Pizza by Sincerely Mindy
- Mini Irish Flag Fruit Skewers for St. Patrick’s Day by Baby Loving Mama
- Beeswax and Coconut Oil Tart Melts by Savvy Saving Couple
- Packing the Perfect Plane Bag by The Guavalicious Life
- Easy Homemade Hand Scrub Recipe by The Socialite’s Closet
- Nail Polish Marbled Coasters by Style on Main
- Easy Breakfast Burrito Recipe with Potatoes by Roasted Beanz
- BLT Pinwheels by Sugar, Spice and Family Life
- How to make Easter Blondie Bites by Mommy Snippets