One of my favorite informal holiday get togethers is a tree trimming and ornament making party. My family and I love to make new Christmas decorations, and doing it with friends is even more fun. This year we are making these cute Wine Cork Reindeer Ornaments!
He looks adorable, and is easy to make with only a few supplies and a glue gun, so you have more time at your gathering for chatting and snacking.
Wine Cork Reindeer Ornament
- 2 wine corks
- small red pom pom
- 2 wiggly eyes
- 1 black pipe cleaner
- hot glue gun
- Craft knife
- One of the corks is going to be the reindeer’s head, and the other will be the neck. Take the one that will be the neck and cut the top off at an angle with the craft knife.
- Use the craft knife to cut two ears out of the portion of cork that was cut off the neck.
- Use the craft knife to poke two small holes in the head cork. Cut the pipe cleaner in half and stick the ends into the holes in the cork and bend into antler shapes. I found the antlers stayed in without any glue, but you could put a little glue if needed.
- Using hot glue attach the eyes, nose and ears to the the head cork.
- Make a loop out of the twine and hot glue it between the antlers.
- Hot glue the head to the neck.
- Bend the antlers into their final shape.