Thanksgiving is one of those celebrations that just seems to call for a special centerpiece. After all the meal is the main focus of the holiday, so it makes sense to have an attractive and festive centerpiece for the dining room table. Here is a quick and easy Thanksgiving Centerpiece I made for our table this year.
I took some simple natural materials from my backyard and combined them with a sunflower floral spray for a simple fall themed centerpiece.
- 1 basket
- 6 or 7 large pine cones
- 20 acorns
- glue dots
- Sunflower floral spray
I have huge pine trees in my backyard, so I just gathered pine cones there, and found some acorns in the woods. If you choose to use materials from nature, like I did, it is a good idea to baked them at 200 F for about an hour before using them. This dries them out and also kills and mold or anything else that might be living on them. Or you could buy pine cones and acorns at a craft store.
To make the centerpiece I filled a Thanksgiving themed basket with pine standing them on end and filling the basket.
Then I put the sunflower floral spray in the middle of the basket, nestled among the pine cones.
Finally I attached acorns around the edge of the basket using glue dots. I tried to position the acorns so they were facing all different directions and looked more haphazard and not arranged. The result is an easy centerpiece that adds seasonal interest to the Thanksgiving dinner table.
For more Thanksgiving and fall recipes and crafts, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Hot Spiced Cranberry Cider by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Coconut Cream Pie Recipe by A Mom’s Take
- Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole by Mom Does It All
- Pumpkin Lebkuchen Donuts by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- Turkey Sweet Potato Chili by Home And Garden Cafe
- Peanut Butter Cup Cake by Simply Southern Mom
- Heaven’s Delight Pineapple Marshmallow Thanksgiving Dessert Recipe by Pretty Opinionated
- Thanksgiving Craft: “Give Thanks” Wooden Blocks by Better in Bulk
- Delicious Chocolate Genoise Recipe by OurFamilyWorld
- Family Gratitude Journal by Day by Day in Our World
- How to Make Pumpkin Gnocchi by Jennifer Sikora
- Fun Turkey Cupcake Idea by Kids Fun Reviewed
- Fall Harvest Pins DIY Fall Harvest Craft by Blessed Elements
- Hearty Chicken and Vegetable Soup by Sweet Lil You
- Soft Baked White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies by Savvy Saving Couple
- Mini Fall Leaf Decorated Cookies by How Was Your Day?
- Homemade Apple Muffins by Momma D Jane