This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
I always enjoy cooking for holidays like Halloween.Â It is fun to put things together in different ways and come up with cute (and tasty) seasonal desserts.Â But frequently schedules are busy, and there is not a lot of time for baking complicated desserts from scratch, so easy to make desserts are important to have.Â These Halloween Snack Pack Pudding Cupcakes are perfect for the holiday, but are made from convenience foods, so they are simple to create.
For this dessert I wanted to make cupcakes with a creamy filling, but to simplify things I decided to use pre-made Snack Pack pudding cups for the filling. I headed to Walmart to pick up baking supplies, and found a big end cap display for Snack Pack puddings.Â These Snack Pack pudding cups are the perfect size for packing in lunches, since they taste great and contain the same amount of calcium as an 8 oz glass of milk. They are also good for adding to recipes, like these cupcakes.
I picked up the Snack Pack pudding cups along with a box of white cake mix and can of frosting.Â For this dessert I wanted all quick and easy products.Â At home I used the cake mix to bake cupcakes, and added food coloring to the batter so the cupcakes would be bright orange.
Once the cupcakes had cooled I cut out the center of the cupcakes to make a hole for the filling.Â This left me with leftover cake pieces, but luckily my helpful teenage son was willing to eat all the extra pieces for me.
Then I opened up some Snack Pack Chocolate Pudding and spooned the filling into the holes.
I had Snack Pack pudding left over from the last pudding cup, but once again my son was ready and willing to step in and help out!
Finally I mixed some more food coloring into the icing and piped the icing over top, covering the chocolate filling inside.
To top it all off I added a Halloween Oreo on top of the cupcakes.Â The Halloween Oreos are very cute, with designs like bats and pumpkins, and make the cupcake look festive and seasonal!
- 1 box white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 c. water
- ⅓ c. Wesson Oil
- food coloring
- 4 Chocolate Snack Pack Puddings
- 1 can white icing
- food coloring
- 18 Halloween Oreos
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Make the cake mix as directed on the package with the eggs, water and oil. Add food coloring to make the batter orange. I used 50 drops of yellow food coloring and 8 drops of red.
- Put the batter into cupcake liners and bake as directed and let cool.
- Use a knife to cut a cone shaped section out of each cupcake.
- Spoon Chocolate Snack Pack Pudding into the center of each cupcake.
- Mix food coloring in with the white icing. I used 12 drops of yellow and 4 drops of red.
- Pipe icing onto the cupcakes, completely covering the pudding.
- Push an Oreo into the center of each cupcake.
Looking for more ideas for using Snack Pack Pudding Cups?Â Check out this Pinterest board for lots of Fall and Halloween Pudding Creations. #SnackPackMixins #CollectiveBias