This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, Mars Wrigley Confectionery US, LLC. All opinions are mine alone. #SimplySweetness #CollectiveBias
One of my favorite things about the holiday season is baking. Cookies, brownies, cakes, pies – I love to bake all my family’s favorite treats while adding special holiday touches, like in these Holiday Gingerbread Bars and Chocolate Popcorn. Homemade treats are my favorite gift to give friends and neighbors, and giving is what the season is all about!
A great way to add holiday color and flair to recipes is the Red & Green Holiday 52 oz. Bag of M&M’S® from Sam’s Club. These M&M’S® come in a Stand-Up Pack, which is very convenient. It is resealable so it keeps the M&M’S® fresh and ready-to-go, while making it easy to store on a pantry shelf. I found these big bags of M&M’S® at Sam’s Club, and the large size is just what I need for the holiday season.
There are so many uses for M&M’S® this time of year, so I like having a large bag on hand to add to every aspect of my holiday celebrations. Not only are they great for baking and gifting, but you can also use them in decorating. The possibilities are endless – but if you need some inspiration check out these two tasty treats I created using these cute red and green M&M’S®.
Holiday Gingerbread Bars
For me gingerbread is one of the classic holiday flavors that I have to make every year! And while making and decorating gingerbread men is a fun family activity, sometimes I want the taste without the fuss of rolling out the dough and breaking out the cookie cutters. This Gingerbread Bar recipe is quick and easy and the subtle spices combined with molasses give the perfect gingerbread taste.
The red and green M&M’S® provide the bars with festive holiday color and delicious bursts of chocolate flavor. These bars are also great for gifting, since they are easy to package and are not fragile.
- ½ c butter
- ¾ c white sugar
- ¼ c brown sugar
- ½ t vanilla
- ⅓ c molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 c flour
- ½ t ginger
- ¼ t ground cloves
- ¼ t nutmeg
- 1 t cinnamon
- 2 t baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 c M&M’S® Milk Chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Melt the butter in the microwave.
- Combine the butter with both sugars, vanilla, molasses and egg and beat with a mixer until well combined.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until flour is combined.
- Stir in the M&M’S®. Make sure they are well distributed, but don't over mix or they might get crushed.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch pan with cooking spray and press the batter evenly into the pan with a spatula. The dough will be stiff and not pourable.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cut into squares after the bars have cooled completely.
Holiday Chocolate Popcorn
Popcorn is one of my favorite foods all year round, and I love to dress it up and make it special for the holidays. This recipe for Chocolate Popcorn adds in pretzels, pecans and M&M’S® for a delicious sweet and salty combination, which is hard to beat. To top it all off I mixed in melted white chocolate and coated the ingredients in even more flavor.
I like to throw together a quick treat like this for family movie night, as it is perfect for sharing with loved ones while we enjoy our favorite holiday films.
- ¼ c popcorn kernels or 1 bag of microwave popcorn
- 1 c pretzel pieces
- 1 c pecans
- ½ c white chocolate wafers
- 1 c M&M’S® Milk Chocolate
- Air pop the popcorn kernels or make the microwave popcorn and place in a large bowl.
- Break the pretzel pieces into smaller pieces if necessary and chop the pecans.
- Combine the popcorn, pretzels and pecans in a large bowl.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave, 30 seconds at a time, until it is spreadable.
- Pour the melted white chocolate into the bowl and stir the ingredients to coat them in the chocolate.
- Stir in the M&MS®.
So this holiday season make sure you enjoy baking and celebrating with M&M’S®. Right now you can sign up for a free Ibotta account and earn $2 with the purchase of a 52 oz bag of Red and Green M&M’S®. This offer is valid from 11/1/17 until 12/25/17, so make sure you take advantage of the savings.
And for even more ideas check out these holiday recipes that are perfect for gifting and sharing.