Air fryers have exploded in popularity in recent years, and for good reason! One of the best things about air fryers is their versatility – you can use them to make all kinds of dishes, and they especially excel at making appetizers!
An air fryer is perfect for whipping up quick and tasty appetizers because it cooks food quickly and evenly, using just a small amount of oil. There is no need to worry about heating up a big deep fryer or standing over the stove while you flip and rotate your appetizers.
With an air fryer, you can just set it and forget it (well, mostly). And your appetizers will come out perfectly crispy and delicious every time. So if you want to spend more time socializing on New Year’s Eve and less time cooking, try an air fryer!
Keep reading for a list of the 10 best air fryer appetizers for New Year’s Eve and plan the ultimate party! Or check out my bonus recipe for Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks at the end of the post. These mozzarella sticks are perfect for parties because they need to freeze for at least an hour, so you can prep them before hand and just air fry them when it is party time!
⭐Tips for Making the Best Air Fryer Appetizers
- Most appetizers cook more evenly when you preheat the air fryer.
- Use a little bit of cooking spray so your food doesn’t stick to the basket. Commerical spray oils can damage the finish on the air fryer basket, so use an inexpensive spray bottle filled with oil.
- Avoid overcrowding the appetizers in the air fryer. The air needs to be able to circulate for the most even cooking.
- Pay attention to the food in the air fryer so it doesn’t burn or overcook. You don’t have to stand over the air fryer, but don’t completely ignore it either.
Did You Make This? Leave a Star Rating!
Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks Recipe
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Pinch salt & pepper
- 8 String cheese sticks any brand works
- Spray oil
- Marinara sauce for dipping
- Cut the mozzarella string cheese in half.8 String cheese sticks
- Combine breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese & salt and pepper in a shallow bowl. Beat the eggs in a second bowl. Add the flour to a third bowl.2 large eggs, 1/2 cup flour, 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs, 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, Pinch salt & pepper
- Dip mozzarella stick in flour, then eggs, then breadcrumb mixture.
- Dip mozzarella stick back into the eggs, then breadcrumb again to really coat the mozzarella stick and lay on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Freeze prepared sticks for at least an hour (very important!).
- Place the sticks into air fryer in a single layer and spray mozzarella sticks lightly with vegetable spray.Spray oil
- Cook 6 minutes and let sit for a few minutes to cool.
- Dip in marinara and enjoy!Marinara sauce for dipping
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition facts are estimates.