Nothing beats homemade donuts, and these Chai Raisin Donuts are a delicious summer snack!
These are cake like donuts with tasty raisins studded through out the batter. Â The sweet raisins go well with the Chai inspired spices. Â These donuts don’t have a lot of sugar in them, so I glazed them with a sweet glaze made of powdered sugar and Chai tea.
I used my mini donut maker to make these, because it cooks donuts so quickly. Â But you could also use a donut pan, or even make these into muffins if you prefer.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 large egg
- 6 oz plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoon Strong brewed Chai tea
- Preheat the oven to 400 F if using a donut pan, or preheat the donut maker.
- To make the donuts combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cardamon, nutmeg and allspice in a bowl and mix well.
- Stir the raisins into the mixture.
- Combine the egg, yogurt, milk, oil and vanilla in another bowl and mix well.
- Quickly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix.
- Put the batter into a donut maker or donut pan and cook until done, about 10 minutes in the oven or 6 minutes in the donut maker.
- Cool completely.
- To make the glaze brew a cup of Chai tea at about double the usual strength.
- Add two tablespoons of the tea to the powdered sugar and mix well.
- Dip the donuts in the glaze and let the glaze harden.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 96Cholesterol: 9mgSodium: 122mgCarbohydrates: 19gSugar: 10gProtein: 2g
Raisins are delicious, in baked goods like this or in salads and pilafs! What is your favorite raisin dessert?