This dessert is super easy to make, but it looks fancy and tastes wonderful. Trifle is traditionally made with fruit, but peanut butter and chocolate are good too.
I added peanut butter to vanilla pudding to give it a nice light peanut butter taste. Then chocolate pudding and peanut butter pudding are layered with whipped cream and chocolate cake for a delicious combination of flavors that makes the trifle taste like a giant peanut butter cup.
I first made this dessert about 2 years ago, and it has been one of the most popular recipes on my blog ever since I posted it. This weekend I decided to make it again, and it was just as good as I remembered. My kids broke my trifle dish a few months ago, so I made it in individual cups this time, but either way works well!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Trifle
- 1 box Brownie Mix
- 1 bag peanut butter chips
- 16 oz heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 box instant chocolate pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- shaved chocolate
- Prepare brownie mix as described on box. Stir in bag of peanut butter chips and bake as directed. Cool completely.
- Whip cream with 1/4 c. sugar until soft peaks form.
- Mix vanilla pudding with 1 1/2 c. milk. Stir in peanut butter and 1/2 c. whipped cream and beat until smooth.
- Mix chocolate pudding with 1 1/2 c. milk. Stir in 1/2 c. whipped cream and beat until smooth.
- Cut brownies into squares and layer half in a trifle dish. Top with vanilla pudding mix and half of the remaining whipped cream.
- Layer the rest of the brownies, topped with chocolate pudding and remaining whipped cream.
- Decorate the top with peanuts and chocolate shavings. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 585Saturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 86mgSodium: 138mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 9g
22 thoughts on “Chocolate Peanut Butter Trifle Recipe”
Oh my this sounds sooo good!
Oh, wow! Would I have to share?
hmm…this looks awesome! I’ll have to talk my wife into making this for my birthday cake!
I just adore the peanut butter/chocolate combination!
All of that peanuty, chocolatey goodness looks amazing!
Looks delicious! I have to try making this!
That looks completely rich and wonderful! What a luscious dessert to serve guests!
This looks so delicious, chocolate and peanut butter are my two favorite things.
My kids would absolutely love this – plus, it would be really fun to make with them. Even toddlers can help scoop the layers! I’m going to pin this for later.
Sounds delightful! Might be a good one for a pot luck dinner? We do those every week at church – will have to try this! Thanks for sharing!
Looks fantastic!!! Love peanut butter and chocolate!
Looks super yummy! I pinned because I will be making this soon!
Your Trifle looks delicious a wonderful dessert. Thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and come back soon!
Peanut Butter and Chocolate; a match made in heaven. This looks so yummy and easy.
Oh this looks amazing! Featuring when my link party opens up tonight!
This is beautiful! Love the idea to use peanut butter and chocolate in a trifle, yum. Thanks for sharing at What’d You Do This Weekend? 🙂
Looks so delicious and a great treat at parties!