If you want a delicious, keto chicken recipe that is both budget and kid-friendly, give these garlic parmesan drumsticks a try! They combine the irresistible flavors of garlic, Parmesan cheese, and juicy chicken in a mouthwatering combination you will love.
The garlic adds bold flavor, while the Parmesan cheese contributes a rich, cheesy undertone that creates a nice crust, striking a perfect balance between crispy and tender. Plus, they are finger food, and my kids love any excuse to eat with their hands!
With an air fryer, you can have these crispy chicken legs on the table in under 30 minutes for a quick and easy meal you can serve without any guilt. And in an era of rising food prices, chicken drumsticks remain one of the cheapest meats you can buy.
In this blog post, I’ll go through the step-by-step process of making these delightful drumsticks. I’ll include my tips and tricks to ensure your drumsticks come out just as delicious as mine (or even better!). And don’t worry, if you are one of those rare air fryer holdouts, I include oven baking instructions, too.
For exact amounts needed see the recipe card below
- Chicken drumsticks
- Parmesan cheese: Cheese that is grated, not shredded, sticks to the chicken legs better.
- Butter: You can substitute olive oil if you like.
🥣How to Make Garlic Parmesan Drumsticks
- Preheat your air fryer to 390 degrees F.
- While that’s heating up, combine your melted butter and minced garlic, with some of the grated Parmesan cheese.
- Once you have your buttery, garlicky, cheesy mixture, brush chicken legs with it. Don’t be shy, coat them well. Then, sprinkle some salt and pepper.
- Pop your drumsticks in the air fryer for 20 minutes to cook. There’s no need to flip them over or anything else.
- When the timer goes off, use an instant-read thermometer to verify the drumsticks have reached an internal temperature of 160 F.
- Then give them a generous sprinkle of more Parmesan cheese, and put them back in the air fryer for 3-5 minutes, depending on how crispy you like them.
🍴Serving Up The Golden, Crispy Drumsticks
I don’t know about you, but in my house, my husband and kids descend on these like a pack of hungry wolves the moment I take them out of the air fryer! One of my favorite ways to serve these drumsticks is alongside a big, hearty salad.
A simple Caprese, or garden salad, perfectly complements the parmesan garlic chicken. And hey, it’s a great way to get more healthy veggies.
If you are more into the carbs, sprinkle these with fresh herbs and serve them with fluffy, buttery mashed potatoes with sweet corn or steamed broccoli on the side. It’s a combination that has everyone asking for seconds.
💭How to Store
If you have some drumsticks left over, save them for a snack later. First off, let the drumsticks cool completely. Once they’re cool, pop them in an airtight container.
They can be stored in the refrigerator for three to four days. To reheat, you can use the oven, pop them back in the air fryer for a few minutes, or eat them cold.
Be sure to check out the step by step instructions
- It’s all about the parmesan: Use grated parmesan in the butter mixture since it will stick better to the drumsticks. For sprinkling on the cooked drumsticks either grated or shredded parmesan works fine.
- Fresh garlic is best: Nothing beats freshly minced garlic. But if you are out, use jarred minced garlic or a teaspoon of garlic powder instead.
- Air fryer magic: The air fryer is your best friend for getting that perfect golden-brown exterior. I’ve tried the traditional oven, the grill, and the stovetop, but nothing beats the air fryer for crispiness. But I’ve included oven-baking instructions below, just in case.
- Chicken wings: This recipe is also great with chicken wings!
Yes, you can. In fact, I used to make them in an oven before my love affair with the air fryer began. Just preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Put the drumsticks on a greased baking sheet and bake for about 40-45 minutes until they’re nicely browned and cooked through.
Sure, if that is what you have, use it. Freshly grated parmesan melts better and gives a richer, creamier flavor. But pre-shredded works when you want a shortcut.
Did You Make This? Leave a Star Rating!
Garlic Parmesan Drumsticks Recipe
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 3 cloves garlic about 1 tablespoon minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan Cheese divided
- Preheat your air fryer to 390 degrees F. See notes for oven baking intructions.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, minced garlic, and 1 tablespoon of the grated Parmesan cheese.1/4 cup butter, 3 cloves garlic, 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan Cheese
- Coat the raw chicken with the melted butter mixture. Then sprinkle with salt and pepper.6 chicken drumsticks, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Place them in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Air fry for 20 minutes.
- Use a meat thermometer to verify the chicken legs have reached 160 degrees F internal temperature.
- Sprinkle them with the remaining 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese and place them back onto the air fryer for 3-5 minutes, depending on your desired crispiness.3 tablespoons grated Parmesan Cheese
Oven BakingPreheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Put the drumsticks on a greased baking sheet and bake for about 40-45 minutes until they’re nicely browned and cooked through.
- Grated parmesan will stick to the drumsticks better than shredded parmesan.
- This recipe is also great with chicken wings.
- Freshly minced garlic is best. But if you are out, use jarred minced garlic or a teaspoon of garlic powder instead.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition facts are estimates.