I am always looking for new ways to serve old favorites, like carrots. While browsing Pinterest for sides for Thanksgiving I came across this recipe for Maple Glazed Carrots, and decided it would work well. So I changed it up a little and made these Maple Roasted Carrots.
I modified the recipe up by using olive oil instead of butter, and adding garlic too. I love garlic, so I tend to add it to most vegetable dishes! I also used multi-colored carrots to make the dish look pretty, which makes it perfect the the Thanksgiving table.
The purple and white carrots taste just like the traditional oranges ones, but they add a little more excitement to the dish to take it beyond boring carrots. I found a 2 lb bag of organic multi-colored carrots at Trader Joe’s, which was just the right size for making this side dish.
The maple syrup gives the carrots a nice sweet taste without overpowering the dish. And the Maple Roasted Carrots are easy to make and take only 1/2 an hour. All in all this would make a great addition to Thanksgiving dinner!
- 2 lbs multi-colored carrots
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 Tablespoon maple syrup
- Heat the oven to 400 F.
- Cut the carrots into slices, and mince the garlic.
- Toss the carrots and garlic with the olive oil and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast the carrots for 30 minutes, stirring once.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and sprinkle with parsley
Nutrition facts are estimates.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 124Sodium: 105mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 4gSugar: 11gProtein: 1g
For more Pinterest Remakes, here are a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Peppermint Body Scrub in 5 Minutes by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Stamped Alcohol Inked Coasters by How Was Your Day?
- Acorn Squash Stuffing Recipe by A Mom’s Take
- How to Make Lightbulb Christmas Ornaments by Jennifer Sikora
- Chocolate “Muddy Buddy” Snowy Pinecones by Food Fun Family
- Winter White Red Velvet Fudge by Mom Does it All
- How to Make a Coffee Filter Wreath by Mom Always Finds Out
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pie Bars by Home and Garden Cafe
- Coconut Crescent Layer Bars by Sincerely, Mindy
- Make your Own Christmas Tree by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- Do It Yourself Cork Coasters by Philzendia
What side dishes are you planning for Thanksgiving?