Big Island Express Chicken. I made this over the weekend, and it was a big hit with the whole family. My husband even had seconds, and he doesn’t like chicken much. I was dubious about adding bananas and pineapple and cooking it for another 30 minutes, but it gave the dish a nice fruity tropical flavor.
- 6 large chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 2 cup Old London Melba Toasts, ground in food processor
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 fresh pineapple, cubed (or 2 c. canned pineapple chunks)
- 2 sweet potatoes, cubed
- 2 firm bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 bottle sweet and sour sauce
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine chili powder, coconut and ground Melba toast in shallow dish.
- Place eggs in shallow dish.
- Dip chicken in egg, then coat in coconut and melba toast mix.
- Transfer to shallow baking dish, and spray each side with cooking spray for 5 seconds
- Bake 30 minutes.;
- Add pineapple, sweet potato and bananas on top of chicken and bake 30 more minutes.
- Serve drizzled with sweet and sour sauce.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 542Saturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 199mgSodium: 397mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 8gSugar: 22gProtein: 53g