This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Delicious jam filled cookies are a Christmas tradition, and these Raspberry Pinwheel Cookies are a fun way to enjoy jam.
These cookies are made by rolling up Raspberry Jam and walnuts inside a rich, buttery dough.
The cookies are then sliced and dipped in sparkling sugar to add sweetness and a decorative sparkle.
You could easily use strawberry jam or pecans instead of raspberries and walnuts, so there are few ways to make this recipe unique. When cutting the cookies they become a little squished and misshapen, but luckily they expand when baked and so they end up looking round.
This recipe makes about 20 cookies, so I usually make two batches. Trying to double the recipe makes the dough too much for my food processor, so I find two separate batches work better.
Raspberry Pinwheel Cookies
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup walnuts finely chopped
- sparkling sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Combine the flour and salt in a food processor and pulse a few times to mix.
- Add the butter and cream cheese and process until a ball a dough forms. It will form fine crumbs first, and then as you continue to process it will clump together into a ball.
- Chill the dough for 2 hours
- Roll the dough out onto a lightly floured surface into a rectangle about 14 x 12 inches. I cut the edges off my rectangle to make it straight.
- Spread the jam on the dough, and then spread the walnuts on top.
- Roll up from the long side and cut into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Dip one side of each slice in coarse sugar.
- Bake sugar side up for 15 - 20 minutes, until the cookies are lightly browned.