Air fryer salmon bites are an easy, delicious, and healthy recipe perfect for a weeknight meal. These bite-sized salmon nuggets are the perfect combination of crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. And they pack a flavor punch!
To make it even better, this is a keto-friendly recipe. You can achieve that irresistible crunch using an air fryer without having to deep-fry or bread the salmon. The result is a delicious meal that you can eat without any guilt.
With an air fryer, all you have to do is toss in the salmon bites, set the timer, and let the machine work its magic. Within minutes, you’ll have perfectly cooked, crispy salmon bites that rival any gourmet restaurant.
Air Fryer Salmon Bites are the epitome of what a modern dish should be – delicious, healthy, and hassle-free. Whether you’re a busy parent, a keto enthusiast, or someone who loves good food without fuss, this dish checks all the boxes.
In this article, we’ll cover everything you need to know about making these tasty salmon bites, from the step-by-step directions to serving ideas to tips and tricks. And for those new to air frying, don’t worry – this recipe is perfect for beginners!
For exact amounts needed see the recipe card below
- Salmon fillet: I prefer to use fresh salmon, but if you only have frozen salmon, make sure to thaw it completely and pat it dry with a paper towel. Also, try to get skinless fillets, as it’ll save you some prep time.
- Onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt: These seasonings give the salmon bites an extra kick of flavor.
- Soy sauce
- Olive oil
- Sesame seeds
🥣How to Make Air Fryer Salmon Bites
- Prep the salmon: Cut your salmon fillet into bite-sized cubes while you preheat the air fryer. This is where having skinless fillets comes in handy! Aim for a uniform size so they cook evenly in the air fryer.
- Season the salmon: In a bowl, combine the salmon cubes with onion powder, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, and olive oil. Give everything a good stir to ensure the salmon is well-coated in the seasoning mix.
- Air fry the salmon: Arrange the seasoned salmon bites in a single layer in the air fryer basket, ensuring they’re not touching. Cook at 350 degrees F for 4-6 minutes until the salmon is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
- Prepare the sauce: While the salmon bites are cooking, mix soy sauce, honey, ginger, and chopped garlic in a small bowl.
- Coat the salmon bites in the sauce: Carefully remove the cooked salmon bites from the air fryer and transfer them to a bowl. Pour the sauce over the salmon and toss gently to coat each piece evenly. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
One of the things I love about these salmon bites is their versatility. They’re perfect for a quick weeknight dinner, a fancy appetizer, or a fun kid snack. Here are some of my favorite ways to serve them up:
- As an appetizer: Skewer the salmon bites with a toothpick and serve with the honey-soy sauce as a dipping sauce. My guests always rave about these little bites of heaven; they’re usually gone before I can even grab one!
- In a salad or rice bowl: Top a bed of mixed greens or rice with a handful of salmon bites, cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices, and drizzle on the sauce.
- In a wrap or pita: Stuff a few salmon bites into a whole wheat wrap or pita pocket with crisp lettuce, tomato, and onions.
- With a side of veggies: Serve these bites alongside steamed or roasted veggies for a complete meal. My go-to combo is air-fried Brussels sprouts and roasted sweet potatoes. The kids even enjoy eating vegetables when paired with these salmon bites!
💭How to Store
Let the salmon bites to cool completely before storing them. This helps prevent any condensation from forming inside the storage container, which can make the edges soggy.
Place the cooled salmon bites in an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. I use glass containers with snap-on lids because they’re easy to stack and keep the salmon fresh and delicious.
Be sure to check out the step by step instructions
- Choose the right salmon: I find that wild-caught salmon is more flavorful and has a better texture, but either wild-caught or farm-raised will work for this recipe.
- Prep your air fryer: Before you start cooking, you’ll want to preheat your air fryer. This helps ensure that your salmon chunks come out perfectly crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Low-sodium soy sauce: A lower sodium variety will keep your salmon nuggets from getting too salty.
- Shortcut: Use store-bought teriyaki sauce or sweet chili sauce instead of making a soy-honey sauce to make this simple recipe even more effortless.
- Easy cleanup: Line the basket with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
Absolutely! This recipe works well with another firm, fatty fish like tuna, swordfish, or mahi-mahi. Adjust the cooking time if the fish is thicker or thinner than the salmon.
You can certainly prepare the salmon bites ahead of time by marinating them and storing them in the fridge for up to a day. However, I recommend cooking them just before serving to ensure the best texture and flavor.
While these salmon bites are best enjoyed fresh, you can reheat leftovers in the air fryer at 350°F for 3-4 minutes. Be careful not to overcook them, as they can become dry. They also taste good cold on a salad or in a wrap.
Did You Make This? Leave a Star Rating!
Air Fryer Salmon Bites Recipe
- 3/4 pound salmon filets
- 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger root minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F for 3-5 minutes.
- While it preheats, use a sharp knife to remove the salmon skin. Then cut the salmon into cubes and place them in a medium bowl.3/4 pound salmon filets
- Add onion powder, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, and oil to the bowl. Stir to coat the chunks of salmon.1/2 teaspoons onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Put the seasoned salmon pieces in the air fryer. Cook at 350 degrees F for 4-6 minutes.
- While the salmon cooks, stir the soy sauce, honey, ginger, and garlic in a small bowl.3 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, 1 teaspoon ginger root, 2 tablespoons honey
- Pour this sauce over the crispy salmon bites, sprinkle with sesame seeds, and serve.1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- If you use frozen salmon, thaw it completely and pat it dry before using it.
- Preheat the air fryer for best results.
- Use store-bought teriyaki sauce or sweet chili sauce instead of making a soy-honey sauce to make this simple recipe even more effortless.
- Line the basket with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition facts are estimates.