Chicken Parmigiana is an Italian dish that my kids love – but it is not one that I make at home. It is difficult to get it just right, and there are so many great Italian restaurants around town that we just order it when we are out.
But these Slow Cooker Chicken Parmigiana Sandwiches are easy to make at home, and feature the same Italian flavors. And if you love this crockpot recipe then try my Slow Cooker Olive Garden Chicken Pasta or my Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan!
Of course, these aren’t authentic, but they sure are tasty! The chicken is not breaded and fried, so this dinner is a lower calorie than traditional Chicken Parmigiana too.
I love dinners like this that I can put in the crockpot in the morning and know that everything will be ready when I get home. With a simple salad, this is a complete and tasty dinner for the whole family.
It is also perfect for nights when we are busy because everyone can have a hot, home-cooked meal, even if we aren’t able to all sit down at the table together.
Fall is always a busy time of the year for us, with sports and scout meetings multiple nights a week, so it is the perfect time for crockpot meals.
- 28 oz. crushed tomatoes
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes
- 2 medium onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 chicken breast, skinless boneless
- grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 sandwich rolls
- Add the crushed tomatoes and diced tomatoes to the slow cooker.
- Chop the onions and garlic and add to the slow cooker.
- Add parsley, oregano, bay leaves, basil and the sauce all together.
- Place the chicken
- Set chicken breasts on top of the sauce and cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Stir the mixture to break up the chicken into shreds.
- Serve on rolls and top with a generous serving of Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 268Cholesterol: 27mgSodium: 787mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 4gSugar: 7gProtein: 17g
This recipe leaves plenty of leftovers too, because it makes enough for 8 people. So I know I will have leftovers that I can use for chicken spaghetti, or just freeze and serve the sandwiches again in a few weeks.
What are some of your favorite slow cooker meals for busy nights?