Making boneless turkey breast in the crock pot is simple and delicious! This recipe makes the meat moist, tender, and full of flavor. The homemade gravy cooks with the turkey, making it even better!
There is no need for a roasting pan with this simple all-in-one turkey recipe! Get a juicy turkey breast and flavorful gravy in a classic holiday recipe that is tasty enough for a small Thanksgiving dinner but simple enough for a family meal.
Turkey with gravy is one of my favorite comfort food dinners because it is packed with delicious flavors. And no real effort is needed to make the gravy since it cooks in the slow cooker with the meat.
The secret ingredient in the gravy is ranch seasoning, which combines with the turkey drippings, brown gravy packets, butter, and a few simple seasonings for a rich and incredible gravy.
For exact amounts needed see the recipe card below
- boneless turkey breast
- brown gravy mix
- ranch seasoning
- poultry seasoning
- black pepper
🥣How to Make Boneless Turkey Breast in Crock Pot
- Take the netting off the turkey breast and put it in the slow cooker.
- Combine 1 packet of brown gravy mix, 1 packet of ranch seasoning, and the water. Pour the mixture over the meat.
- In another bowl, mix the paprika, poultry seasoning, and pepper. Sprinkle this on the meat.
- Place the butter on top of the turkey. Put the lid on and cook on low for 3-5 hours.
- Use a meat thermometer to check that the temperature has reached 165 degrees F.
- Once the turkey is cooked, let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- While it rests, whisk in the second envelope of brown gravy into the liquid in the slow cooker to form a gravy.
Always use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature, don’t try to cook based just on time. A thermometer is not expensive and the peace of mind they give you is priceless. Food poisoning is not fun! This is my favorite inexpensive meat thermometer, which you can buy on Amazon.
For the juiciest meat, always allow it to rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing. Once it is ready, slice it and drizzle gravy over the top. Garnish the turkey with fresh herbs.
Serve this crock pot boneless turkey breast as a simple meal or for a holiday gathering. I love to serve it with stuffing muffins or garlic mashed potatoes since the delicious gravy makes them taste even yummier!
Add an easy green bean casserole and rolls for a traditional holiday dinner. Or skip the Thanksgiving-themed meal and slice the turkey breast meat for sandwiches.
💭How to Store and Reheat
Store leftover slow cooker turkey breast in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. It makes fantastic sandwiches, or you can use it to make tasty leftover turkey recipes like Instant Pot Turkey Rice Soup, Thanksgiving Handpies, or Leftover Turkey Pizza.
⭐Tips and Variations
Be sure to check out the step by step instructions
- Easy Cleanup – Use a crockpot liner to make cleanup fast and easy. This is especially useful when making a big holiday dinner with many dishes!
- Crispy Skin – Usually, boneless turkey breast doesn’t have skin. But if you have skin or just want the outside to be a golden brown color, you can crisp it up. Put the turkey on a baking sheet and pop it under the broiler for 2-3 minutes.
- Extra Veggies – Add some carrots, yellow onion, or celery underneath the meat to add extra veggies and even more flavor to the gravy.
It is fine to cook a bone-in breast in the crock pot. A bone-in breast must cook a little longer, about 5-6 hours on low. As always, check the temperature with a meat thermometer before serving.
Slow cooking is excellent at keeping the meat moist, so brining isn’t necessary. But if you want to brine the meat, try my apple cider brine recipe.
The net can be removed either before or after cooking. I have done it both ways and haven’t noticed any difference. The easiest way to remove it is to use kitchen shears to cut it along the top and then pull it away from the meat.
No, you should not use frozen turkey breast. Thaw it thoroughly before cooking. A slow cooker will not maintain a high enough temperature to safely cook frozen meat.
The two cuts have different advantages. Boneless will cook faster and be easier to slice. Bone in will have skin and be slightly juicier. Use whichever you prefer.
In general, allow 1/2 pound of meat per person. If you want to have delicious turkey leftovers, increase the amount to 3/4 of a pound per person.
Did You Make This? Leave a Star Rating!
Crock Pot Boneless Turkey Breast Recipe
- 3-5 pound boneless turkey breast
- 2 envelopes brown gravy mix (.87 ounces)
- 1 envelope ranch seasoning (1 ounce)
- 1 1/2 cups water or chicken stock
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Open the package and remove the netting from the meat. Pat it dry with paper towels.
- Place the turkey breast in the slow cooker.3-5 pound boneless turkey breast
- In a small bowl, combine 1 packet of the brown gravy mix, 1 envelope of ranch seasoning, and the water. Pour this mixture over the meat.2 envelopes brown gravy mix, 1 envelope ranch seasoning, 1 1/2 cups water
- Mix the paprika, poultry seasoning, and black pepper and sprinkle this seasoning mixture over the turkey. Then place the butter on top of the meat.¼ teaspoon paprika, ¼ teaspoon poultry seasoning, ¼ teaspoon black pepper, 4 tablespoons butter
- Put the cover on the slow cooker and cook on low for 3-5 hours. Use an instant-read meat thermometer to check that the thickest part has reached 165 degrees F internally.
- Once the meat is cooked, remove the turkey from the slow cooker and set it aside to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, whisk the second brown gravy envelope into the slow cooker with the remaining liquid to make the gravy.2 envelopes brown gravy mix
- Slice and serve with the thick gravy.
- Always verify the internal temperature of the meat has reached 165 degrees F before serving.
- If your turkey breast is frozen, thaw it before cooking.
- You can use a bone-in turkey breast, but increase the cooking time to 4-6 hours on low.
- Use a crockpot liner to make cleanup fast and easy. This is especially useful when making a big holiday dinner with many dishes!
- To crisp the outside of the meat, put the cooked turkey on a baking sheet and place it under the broiler for 2-3 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition facts are estimates.