I love baking comfort food like muffins, cakes and cookies in the fall! The colder weather and back to school times seem like the perfect time to bake comfort food. These tasty Peanut Butter Banana Muffins are a perfect fall treat.
To make these muffins extra healthy I swapped out the oil in the recipe for apple sauce. This is a great way to cut the calories and fat without affecting the taste of the muffins.
These muffins taste faintly of peanut butter, and the peanuts on top give them a nice extra crunch. My family loved the muffins and they were gone by the next day.
Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Mix the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder and salt) in one bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients (bananas, apple sauce, peanut butter, egg, vanilla) in another bowl.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, stirring until just mixed.
- Put the batter in muffin cups or tins.
- Sprinkle the chopped peanuts on top of the muffins.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until a browned on top.