Make the best pumpkin spice latte at home! This easy recipe is just as good as Starbucks. Save time and money and indulge in an easy DIY latte in the comfort of your own home.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
The arrival of the Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks is one of the sure signs that summer is over and it is time for fall. But you don’t need a coffee shop to enjoy this tasty coffee drink with this copycat recipe.
Learn how to make your own homemade pumpkin spice latte from scratch! It isn’t difficult at all, and you will be the one controlling the flavor and the timing.
Why You Will Love this Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Buying lattes at a coffee shop is really expensive. Really, really expensive, so this is much more cost effective.
- It is a big time saver. There is no need to stand in line. The 5 minutes it will take whip it up is nothing compared to the time it would take you to drive to Starbucks and get one.
- Since it saves you both time and money you can enjoy a pumpkin spice latte more often!
- Milk – You can use whatever type of milk your prefer. If you choose to use whole milk your latte will be very creamy and not as healthy. If you use skim milk it will have less calories and be less creamy. You can also use a milk substitute like almond or soy milk. I usually use 1% milk because that is what we have in the refrigerator.
- Coffee – Make a cup of your favorite coffee for using in this latte.
- Pumpkin puree – Use canned pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling.
- Sugar – I prefer brown sugar in my lattes.
- Pumpkin pie spice – Make this latte even more cost effective by mixing your own homemade pumpkin pie spice!
Step by Step Instructions
Mix the milk with the pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice and brown sugar. Heat the mixture until it is hot and frothy and then whisk the ingredients together.
I heat the milk in the microwave because it is so quick. It takes about 1 minute to heat it up in my microwave. But you can use a sauce pan on the stove if you prefer.
Add the hot coffee to the milk. That is it! This recipe is so simple it is ridiculous.
Then you can top it off with whipped cream and caramel if you like. And sprinkle on an extra pinch of pumpkin pie spice. Your coffee shop latte is ready to enjoy.
If you want to go all out you can serve this latte with pumpkin chocolate chip muffins! More pumpkin is always better!
In addition to varying the type of milk you can also vary the ratio of coffee to milk. I use more milk than coffee in my latte.
But you could use equal 3/4 cup amounts of coffee and milk, or even use more coffee than milk if you are a coffee lover. Just make sure you size the cup you are using appropriately!
Frequently Asked Questions
You can easily make this a skinny latte by using skim milk and not adding whipped cream and caramel sauce. Just sprinkle the top with a little pumpkin pie spice and enjoy your latte guilt free.
Transfer the remaining canned pumpkin to a glass or plastic air tight container and put it in the refrigerator. It will last in the refrigerator for 5-7 days.
In that time you can make a bunch more lattes, for yourself and the rest of the family. I also have a bunch of recipe that use about half a can of pumpkin.
Check out my recipes for blueberry pumpkin bread, pumpkin date cookies, pumpkin chocolate chip muffins or pumpkin oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for recipes that use up canned pumpkin.
Find More Pumpkin Spice Recipes
- ¾ cup milk of choice
- ½ cup of hot coffee
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Optional: caramel and whipped cream
- Mix milk with pumpkin puree, spice, and brown sugar.
- Heat in a microwave for 1 minute, or over medium high heat. When hot, stir ingredients together.
- Add ½ cup of hot coffee.
- Top with whipped cream and caramel, if using. Dust with another pinch of pumpkin pie spice
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 238Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 242mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 1gSugar: 32gProtein: 8g
Nutrition facts are estimates.