Spring is my favorite season of the year! It is the perfect time to make a fresh, healthy, fruit filled meal, like this tropical Pineapple Kiwi Smoothie Bowl.
I have seen Smoothie Bowls all over Pinterest, so I decided I had to make one for my family and I. We love smoothies, and a smoothie bowl is a great way make one into a more substantial meal, by serving it in a bowl and adding healthy toppings. I topped this smoothie bowl off with kiwi, banana and chia seed, which adds a nice substantial texture to the bowl.
I used pineapple, kiwi and banana as the base of the smoothie bowl, and added some spinach to give it a pretty spring green color. I like to make my smoothies thick, which is perfect for a smoothie bowl, since the thick smoothie is perfect for eating with a spoon.
- 1 c. pineapple, diced
- 1 kiwi, peeled
- 1 orange, peeled
- ½ banana
- 1 c. spinach
- 1 c. crushed ice
- banana slices
- kiwi slices
- chia seeds
- Put the pineapple, kiwi, orange, banana and spinach in a blender. Top with crushed ice and blend until smooth. Add a little water in necessary to make the smoothie pourable.
- Pour into bowls and top with banana, kiwi and chia seeds.
For more spring posts, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- How to Make Easy Pickled Asparagus by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Strawberry Lemonade Mojito Mocktail by How Was Your Day?
- Lemon Cheesecake Crumble Bars by Day by Day in Our World
- How to Make an Easy Broken Pot Succulent Container by Simply Southern Mom
- Butterfly Sun Catcher Craft by Kids Fun Reviewed
- Easy Strawberry Cream Pie by Mom Does It All
- Bird Nest Brownie Bowls Recipe by Sugar Spice and Family Life
- Vegan Rice Krispie Treat Tiger Lillies by Beyond Mommying
- Coffee Filter Butterfly Accessories by Mommy Snippets
- Spring Paper Butterflies Craft by Family Focus Blog
- DIY Flower Loop Hair Bow Tutorial by Savvy Saving Couple