These Apple Spice Cupcakes with Caramel Sauce are a delicious fall treat!
The cupcakes are made with apples in the batter, so they have apple flavor in every bite.
The frosting is a creamy cream cheese frosting with cinnamon flavoring, and the cinnamon and nutmeg in the frosting give it nice flecks of brown.
Now you could stop there, and the cupcakes would be very tasty. But I had some Caramel Sauce left over from making Caramel Apple Cake, so I figured I might as well use it. After all everything tastes better with caramel sauce drizzled on top.
Of course the caramel sauce makes these a little messy, but no one in my family seemed to mind!
Caramel Apple Cupcakes
The apple spice cupcakes are drizzled with caramel sauce.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 apples
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup half and half
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Peel, chop and core the apples.
- Cream the butter, white sugar and brown sugar in a mixing bowl until well combined.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a small bowl.
- Add the flour mixture and the milk to the sugar mix and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chopped apples.
- Spoon the batter into cupcake tin and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- While the cupcakes are baking and cooling get out the cream cheese and butter and let them come to room temperature. The frosting will be smoother if they are not chilled.
- When the cupcakes are cool combine the cream cheese and butter and mix at high speed until smooth.
- Add in the powdered sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon and mix until the frosting is spreadable. If it is too thick add a few tablespoons of milk or cream.
- Pipe onto the cupcakes for a swirly look.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring the sauce to a rolling boil. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Drizzle over the cake.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 651Saturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 113mgSodium: 622mgCarbohydrates: 89gFiber: 1gSugar: 74gProtein: 4g
31 thoughts on “Apple Spice Cupcakes with Caramel Sauce”
These look delicious! I’m going to try to make them for my date night with my husband since he loves caramel.
These looks sooo good! Apple, cream cheese and caramel together – count me in!
YUMMM.. they look delicious and soo simple to make; perfect for fall. I think I will surprise my family this weekend and make them for dessert. Thanks for sharing…
Those look divine! I love the addition of the caramel sauce. Anything apple has to be good!
Popping in from Say G\’day to check out your fabulous recipe. I would be honored if you would come by and share your recipe at Foodie Friday\’s too! It looks amazing. Hope to see you there.
WOW! I think I gained 5lbs just looking at this post! I love the frosting…plus caramel sauce! YUM!
The cupcakes look fantastic… but I must say those very pretty cupcake holders make them look so good! 🙂
Yum. The caramel was a perfect touch. These look so good.
With apples and caramel I would say these would be delightful for fall bake sales or having friends over!
besides pumpkin, I love all things apple. It’s one of my favorite things about fall!
Oh wow these look so delicious!
These look divine! You had me at caramel sauce!
Those look very yummy. I also like your cupcake holders!! Your friend at SocialFab
Oh these look perfect. I love caramel and mixed with the spices, I bet they taste amazing~
Wow. These sound really good and that caramel drizzle sauce pushes it right over the top!
This is a perfect cupcake for those fall apples. I love love love apple and caramel!
Oh my! These look so yummy! I could go for one or maybe two right now!
Thank you for sharing!
A beautiful and festive cupcake this time of year! Thanks for sharing at Saturday Night Fever! Pinned.
These look so good! Thank you for linking up with Foodie Friends Friday. I’m sharing these on my Walking on Sunshine FB page this morning! Hope to see you again next week!
What a special treat, we will just love these cupcakes! Hope you are having a fantastic weekend and thanks so much for sharing this awesome post with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Hi, I just want to let you know that you are one of this week’s features at Munching Mondays! I love your cupcakes!! We hope to have you link up one of your great recipes again this week! Thanks and hope to see you there!
I’m a big believer that sometimes messy foods are the best! This frosting…let me just say WOW!
Wow! This caramel drizzle looks sooo good!
Hi Anne! Your wonderful Apple Spice Cupcakes have been featured at our Simple Supper Tuesday Linky Party at Moore or Less Cooking Blog! Nettie
These look and sound amazing! Thanks so much for sharing at the Project Parade. I’ll be sharing these on facebook and featuring you tomorrow 🙂
These cupcakes truly look AMAZING! Yummmmmm! I can’t wait to try them!!! 🙂
The perfect epitome for the start of fall! The caramel sauce on top of the cupcakes look very glazed! Looks yum! Thank you for sharing such a scrumptious looking recipe!