This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I love the tangy taste of cranberries! These Cranberry Orange Cookies are a nice seasonal treat, and a deliciously different ways to use cranberries.
A friend of mine gave me this recipe last year, and I couldn’t wait to try it. Unfortunately I couldn’t find cranberries at the grocery store until the beginning of November, so I had to wait a while! The recipe uses orange juice concentrate to add a hint of citrus to the cookies, which really brings out the flavor of the cranberries.
These cookies are very tasty, and the pecans add a nice crunchiness to them.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 Tablespoon frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1/2 cup pecans
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Finely chop the cranberries in a food processor or by hand. Chop the pecans.
- In a mixer combine the butter, white sugar and white sugar and mix. Mix until creamy.
- Add in the egg and orange juice concentrate and blend well.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixer all at once, and combine until just blended.
- Fold in the chopped cranberries and pecans.
- Drop the cookies by spoonfuls on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 63Cholesterol: 7mgSodium: 53mgCarbohydrates: 9gSugar: 5g
This recipe is perfect for cookie exchanges this holiday season!
Cookies Make the Perfect Gift
I love to share homemade cookies with my friends and family! Food is a great way to bring people together during the holiday season, either in person or from a distance.
Why not bake some cookies this year and put together a cookie gift box for your friends? Here are some cookie recipe ideas for gift giving!