This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Save-A-Lot. The opinions and text are all mine.
I love the holiday time – but it can get very stressful, because there is so much to do, and so little time. Just today my husband was asking when the rest of the holiday decorations will be up – and I don’t know! It is on my list, but there are other things that need to happen first. So I am always looking for ways to reduce stress and save time during the holidays, which is why I love these easy to make cake mix Red Velvet Cookies.
These cookies are a perfect “better than the box” dessert, because they are made with Red Velvet cake mix as a base and a few simple ingredients. Instead of dragging out the sugar, flour and baking powder I simply poured a box of Red Velvet cake mix in a bowl, added some oil and vanilla along with an egg and my cookies were ready to bake in less than 5 minutes.
Even better the cookies are simple enough for kids to help make. Kids love to roll the dough into balls – and to eat the finished product.
To make the cookies even more festive I drizzled some white chocolate on top after they were done and topped them with crushed peppermint candies. The combination of the red cookies with the green peppermint candies is perfect for the Christmas season.
In addition to saving time I also want to save money this time of year. That is why I like to shop at Save-A-Lot where I can get my all my family’s favorite foods at prices that fit in my budget. Save-A-Lot has their own efficient supply chain for products, so they are able to sell at prices below other retailers without sacrificing quality. You can sign up for the Save-A-Lot Smart Shopper Club to receive the latest specials delivered weekly to your inbox, along with new recipes and helpful kitchen and entertaining tips.
Having quality affordable groceries is another great way to reduce holiday stress and make the holiday easier! Find the Save-A-Lot that is closest to you and start saving time and money today.
Red Velvet Cookies
- 1 box Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 5 crushed peppermint candies
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Mix the cake mix, oil, egg and vanilla in a bowl until smooth.
- Roll the dough into balls 1 inch in diameter and put on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, until browned on the bottom.
- Let cookies cool on a wire rack.
- Heat the chocolate chips in a ziploc bag in the microwave, 20 seconds at a time until melted.
- Cut off a corner of the bag and drizzle the white chocolate on the cookies.
- Sprinkle crushed peppermint candies on the chocolate.
Find More Christmas Cookie Recipes