One of the best things about holiday time is all the yummy treats for eating. And one of my family’s holiday favorites is Rice Krispies Treats because they are an easy to make treat that tastes amazing.
This year I made them even more special for the holidays by making these Christmas Rice Krispies Treats.
This post was originally sponsored by Collective Bias.
I love how easy these treats are to make! Kids of all ages can help with the stirring and decorating, and of course everyone wants to help eat them. For another simple way to decorate rice krispie treats check out these chocolate covered rice krispie treats!
I had a hard time keeping these wreaths around long enough to photograph this weekend, because my kids and husband wanted them. To make them I just used the basic Rice Krispies Treat recipe and added a few simple twists for an adorable holiday theme.
I picked up a big Family Size box of Rice Krispies and also found some cute sprinkles shaped like leaves and berries, perfect for decorating the wreaths.
I followed the traditional recipe, melting butter and marshmallows to stick the cereal together, adding green food coloring to the melted marshmallows until I had a nice bright green color.
Then I mixed in the cereal and started shaping the wreaths. I made a few by hand, which worked OK, but was very sticky.
Then it occurred to me that my mini-donut maker would make an excellent wreath mold! So I sprayed it with cooking oil and pressed the sticky mixture into the donut molds, which made perfectly circular little wreaths. A donut baking pan would work too!
A few decorations on top of the wreaths completes the treat. We used simple red sprinkles on some, and the leaves on berries on others. Cinnamon candy also makes a cute holly berries if you want to add some spice to the treats.
Cookies Make the Perfect Gift
I love to share homemade cookies with my friends and family! Food is a great way to bring people together during the holiday season, either in person or from a distance.
Why not bake some cookies this year and put together a cookie gift box for your friends? Here are some cookie recipe ideas for gift giving!
Holiday Wreath Treats
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 40 marshmallows
- green food coloring
- decorative sprinkles and candy
- Melt the butter in a large sauce pan.
- Add the marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Add green food coloring until desired color is obtained.
- Mix with the cereal until completely coated.
- If using a donut pan or donut maker spray it with cooking spray, then press the mixture into the molds. Carefully use a knife to remove the wreath to a cookie rack.
- If using your hands spray them with cooking spray. Then roll the mixture into a ball and carefully flatten on waxed paper, removing the middle for a wreath shape.
- Use decorative sprinkles and candy to make holly berries on the wreath.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 76Cholesterol: 3mgSodium: 58mgCarbohydrates: 15gSugar: 7g
2 thoughts on “Christmas Rice Krispies Treats”
This is genius! I love how pretty the are too! 🙂 I will have to make these.
These are so festive and fun! I would have never thought to make them green. So cute!