Pecan Tassies are one of my favorite cookies, for Christmas or anytime of the year. They are like eating mini pecan pies, with a rich buttery crust, brown sugar and crunchy pecans. They are easy to make too, and much less intimidating to make than a pie. Instead of rolling out the dough in a big pie pan you simple press little balls of dough into a mini-muffin tin, and fill them with pecans and topping.
When they are finished they are the perfect bite sized little pies. While they are a traditional Christmas cookie you don’t have to wait for the holidays to make them! I brought some to my nephew’s birthday part last week to share, and they were a big hit. They make an excellent cookie to take to cookie exchanges, because they look more complicated than they really are.
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup pecans
- To make the dough combine the cream cheese, 1/2 c. butter and flour in a food processor and process until it forms a big clump.
- Roll the dough into 24 1" balls and refrigerate for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 325 F.
- To make the filling melt the 1 T of butter, and combine it with the egg, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Chop the pecans.
- Grease mini-muffin tins and press each ball of dough into the tin, pushing the dough up the sides to make a cup.
- Put 1/2 the pecans into the dough cups, add the filling mixture and then top with the rest of the pecans.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 117Saturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 53mgCarbohydrates: 11gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g
Cookies Make the Perfect Gift
I love to share homemade cookies with my friends and family! Food is a great way to bring people together during the holiday season, either in person or from a distance.
Why not bake some cookies this year and put together a cookie gift box for your friends? Here are some cookie recipe ideas for gift giving!